At Insight Safety has always been the first and has been integrated into all work practices. Based on our huge experience, we have also developed safety training, and education programs that form a comprehensive Environmental and Safety management system applicable to all our projects. HSE Policy cascades from our Business Principles, thus:
- We believe all injuries are preventable.
- We provide healthy, safe and secure work environments.
- We make a positive contribution to the protection of the environment
- We reduce to the minimum practicable adverse effects of our operations on the environment.
In our projects:
- We will go beyond compliance with local regulation to meet or exceed internationally accepted good practice in health, safety
,and environmental management.
- We recognize that HSE is everyone’s responsibility and that we each have a duty to intervene to prevent unsafe actions and to reinforce good behaviors.
- Our goal is zero injuries. The safe delivery of projects and operation of facilities is a critical success factor – it is not just the end result that matters, we care about how we get there.
- We aim to be an industry leader in HSE performance.
- We will ensure that all management decisions reflect our HSE intentions
- We will ensure all employees understand their HSE accountabilities and demonstrate visible HSE leadership
- We will ensure that our HSE management systems reflect best industry practice and are properly resourced. We will continually improve by ensuring that lessons are always learned
- We will provide direction, education, training, and supervision to ensure that all employees understand the required behaviors and the consequences of non-compliance. Good HSE performance is essential for career advancement.
- We will ensure that our contractors understand their HSE accountabilities and required behavior, share our aspirations and are aware of the consequences of non-compliance. We will learn continually from each other’s experiences
- We will work with our partners to achieve internationally accepted good practice in HSE and learn continually from each other’s experiences
- We will adopt a risk-based approach to the design, construction, and operation of facilities across their full lifecycle
- We will take account of stakeholder HSE concerns through involving and consulting with employees and their representatives, communities where we operate, government authorities, customers and shareholders
- We will continually improve our HSE performance so that work-related ill health and incidents are reduced and so that environmental emissions, waste and the use of energy are reduced relative to
- We will comply with this Policy and drive HSE improvements by setting expectations and objectives and reviewing, monitoring and auditing performance
- We will publicly report on key HSE objectives and performance, fully co-operate with relevant government agencies and work with the industry to improve HSE practices
- We will regularly review this Policy
Personal Protective Equipment Policy ( PPE Policy):
The company shall as far as is practicable eliminate or control hazards in the workplace. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) shall only be employed as a control measure where:
- It is not otherwise practicable to eliminate or control the hazard effectively; or
- As an additional protective measure to existing control mechanisms.
Notwithstanding the above, the Company shall supply and maintain PPE for staff as necessary to ensure that they are adequately protected from hazards in the workplace. All protective equipment provided by the Company shall comply with current standards. Personal protective equipment supplied by the Company will remain the property of the Company. Staff and visitors shall use PPE as required by the Company and shall immediately inform their supervisor of any defects or deficiencies in such equipment of which they become aware.
Managers and supervisors or staff, visitors and areas shall ensure that:
- All tasks performed are assessed to determine the requirement for PPE.
- The selection, supply and maintenance of PPE is suitable and sufficient to adequately protect the users from hazards.
- All persons required to use PPE receive appropriate instruction in the safe use and maintenance of PPE.
- The requirement to use PPE is enforced; and
- Clear and appropriate signs are displayed in areas where PPE must be worn.
KEY FEATURES OF SAFETY POLICY ARE:
- Mandatory deputation of safety officers at each construction site.
- Proactive measures to prevent mishaps at site, covering regular safety training, safety inspection and safety audit at project sites.
- Safety procedures followed at each construction site as per the manual including mishap reporting & investigation.
- Internal benchmarking on safety related performance data.
- Complying with all applicable statutory and regulatory obligations and safety requirements.
- Ensuring employee compliance through mandatory safety training and programs on environmental and health awareness.
- Making employee responsible and accountable for all health, safety and environmental issues.
- Providing adequate protection for health, safety and environment from risks arising out of our activities.
- Maintaining safe working environment on all our project sites to prevent any health, safety or environmental incidents and work related illness
- To aim for continual improvement in environmental performance and to minimize the environmental aspects as much as possible.
- It is made essential that all personnel of INSIGHT are aware of the Management’s commitment and philosophy of the Environmental Policy and therefore the Policy will be communicated to all personnel working for INSIGHT GROUP.
- As environmental awareness is the responsibility of each and every person working for INSIGHT, all personnel of INSIGHT are being suitably trained in and guided for creating awareness on the Environmental Management Systems INSIGHT operates with.
- The Management of INSIGHT provides visible demonstration of their commitment by means of visiting and inspection sites, participating in incident investigation and providing resources in the context of corrective action.
- HSE will be always the first agenda item on Management and operational meetings.
OUR SITE STAFFS ARE
- Site Contract Manager
- Safety officer
- First aider
The main objective of INSIGHT safety wing is ZERO HARM and MINIMAL TOLERANCE towards any non-compliance to environmental standards.